I was shooting a student film on video (it was a Sony Digital camera) and filming on a mini DV tape. I was using a boom mic and was going directly to the camera. The first time around using a boom mic to the camera worked via a xlr converter. Unfourtanetly, the second time around i forgot that the first camera i used had its own battery and its own phantom power. The second one, the one i used on my shoot, did not. The result. A whole days shoot with sound JUST from the camera mic and no boom mic. So for day ones shoot im going to have a hell of a time on the Avid and maybe use ADR if at all possible.

Day 2. I do away with the boom mic and use a lavalier mic via xlr into the camera. It works! I complete one shot and we set up for the next shot. The next shot involves a cat. The cat disappears...along with the lavalier mic. Put 2 and 2 together and you can see where this is going. I find the cat and part of the mic...in two pieces. So now i have no sound for the REST of day 2.

Talk about some bad luck. But wait...theres more. I transfered the footage from Mini DV to BETA SP and i thought that it was not going to lose much quality. I was wrong.

Im so disapointed.

Anybody care to share some of their shooting disasters?